Okay, I’ll be honest I am not the best cook. I may or may not have set the smoke alarm off at my house last night making these chickpea and quinoa patties. But none the less they were still filling and I wanted to share them with you. Continue reading “Chickpea & Quinoa Patties”
Today, I decided to have breakfast for lunch and made myself some whole wheat waffles. Figuring that everyone loves quick easy breakfast ideas I wanted to go ahead and share this five step recipe. For anyone that is curious I got this recipe from my “Vegan CookBook for Beginners” if you just became vegan I suggest you check out this cookbook as it has informative nutrition information at the start of the book and obviously has lots of yummy recipes inside.
What this recipe calls for: (this recipe serves 4) Continue reading “Whole Wheat Waffles”
Today, I was flipping through my “Vegan Cookbook for Beginners” and found the recipe for Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes. Considering that my younger sister has celiac disease I thought this would be an interesting recipe to try out.
When gathering and prepping the ingredients, I forgot to consider cutting the recipe in half. So, if you want only 12 cupcakes instead of 24 make sure to cut the measurements in half.
What the recipe calls for:
(the measurements in ( ) I added to indicate what you would need for half of the recipe)
- 1¾ cups (½ cup 6 tbsp) of Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup (6tbsp) of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 (1) teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 1 (½) teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 (1) cups of Evaporated Cane Juice (in other words Organic Cane Sugar)
- 2 (1) cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ (1/4) cup of Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 (½) tablespoon of Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 (½) teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 4 (2) tablespoons of Warm Water
- 1 (½) tablespoon of Ener-G Egg Replacer